Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Tourist Visa Issues

Hi,

I have some concerns regarding my parents applying for tourist visa as I'm on H1B here with my wife on H4

1) My parents have a rented property since 80 years and dont have a property deed but have rent receipts to show, is this enough to produce to the cosulate?

2) My dad does not have any source of income and I have been supporting my parents so he does not have a income tax return filled, what is the alternate way to show the bank statement, and if so how much should be the minimum bank balance to be produced.

3) I have a younger brother of age 24 and sister of just 6 years and also planning to apply for the visa together, is this safe decision?

4) I have my grand mother staying back with them and my parents and siblings are just visiting for a short period.

Any help would be highly appreciated... thanks

I strongly advise that all of them should not apply.
    The reason;
    Officers look for ties in India (family and occupation) that will compel the applicant to return to India.
    In your case, if all of them apply , they are not leaving any ties in India
    (grandma is not a good tie and there are no occupational ties) , so a denial is definite.

Advice;
    Your mother should apply alone. EVen in that case, chances are not that great because they are dependent on you. The officer will ask if you send any money to them. Dependence on child in US means more likelihood that
    parents will not return to India and hence the denial.

They should work on showing some occupational ties to India-- do not show retired and dependence on you.

Comment

Thank you so much for your advice...!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X