Need help with I-539

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with I-539

I am looking for help with filing for extension for my mom. Her 6 month stay will expire on May 14th. I am trying to submit the I-539 for extending her stay for another 6 months [has visa for 10 years]. I need help with the supplement forms to be attached to the I-539.

Her return ticket has date of May 14th [back to India]. It is a e-ticket. My question is - is a copy of this e-ticket sufficient or do they require a copy of the ticket with extended date [of Nov]. Also if we are not able to produce the actual ticket [have only e-ticket] will it matter?

Also is a copy of finanical support showing the proof of salary required even for applying for extension?

I called the immigration office, but they were of no help.

Can anyone who has recently been through the process, please provide input.

Thanks
    Last edited by ndhelp; 03-26-2008, 10:35 AM.

Everything that you asked help for with filing extension is secondary and can be self accomplished. The primary thing that will be looked at in your application is the all important REASON FOR EXTENSION. So be sure to justify the extension appropriately.

Comment

Thanks for replying. Would know how many days it would take to get a reply back from them. I need to book a return ticket there upon.

Comment

It could take a long time. You never know. Let me re-state, unless there is a REAL REASON for this extension, your mom may lose her 10 year visa if the extension is denied and she stays past May 14th. Make sure you assess the risk before proceeding on this.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X