Tourist Visa Rejection - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa Rejection - Question

I work for a consulting company in GA but work at a client place in NH. I still maintain GA cell phone number. Recently my in-laws went for Visitor visa and were questioned on the same. Cell number is GA's and works in NH. My FIL told them that i travel and the consulor was not satisfied by the answer and rejected the visa. Did anyone encounter such problem and if so, how should we approach when we send them for the next time.

Please advice.

Thanks.

The phone number may not be the cause of rejection at all. With number portability and ip telephony available now, everyone maintains the same number for many years even if they move for avoiding the trouble.

VOs know of these very well. It is just that they were not satisfied with the non-immigrant intent.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I agree. The phone not being the issue. Please post the entire Questions/Answers from the interview.
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

Q: Where does your son-in-law work?
        A: He works for a consulting firm in GA.
        Consular looked at the Application.

Q: Where does your son-in-law reside?
        A: He resides in NH.
        Consular looked at the Application again and posed this question. He asked your son-in-law has GA phone number, company in GA, why does he stay in NH - its 1200 miles away from GA.

My FIL tried to explain that i work on projects and move places, but even before that the consular rejected the visa.

Comment

The first question answer should have been where you work, not who you work for.

Me thinks.... the decision to reject the visa was made right there after the first question.

All said and done, visit visa is a matter of luck for the parents of IT professionals. Most of the parents would not prefer to live permanently in US but statistics have proved so and it (visitor visa) still is the major reason for overstays which forces the presumption of immigrant intent on visitor visa applicants.

Good luck on your next attempt.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I work as a consultant and keep moving places. My employer is in GA. What would be the best answer if the consular asks about my work. I mean if consular questions where my emploer is and where i stay (since both are different). Please advice.

Comment

The first question was "Where does your sone work?" The answer should have been NH with the name of the company in NH. If VO asked "For whom does your son works?" then the answer should have been a consulting firm in GA. Make sure to asnwer exactly as asked. Looks like they highlighted a discrepancy but the real reason may have been 214b.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X