Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Procedure if we want to apply for canadian visitor visa in US.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Procedure if we want to apply for canadian visitor visa in US.

Hi,

My mom is in Canada on Visitor Visa. She is having US Multiple entry Visa and she will be in US in few days. We want her to go back to Canada on Visitor Visa once her authorised stay in US will be over.
    Then she will stay in Canada for 6 months and will come back to US.

What is the Procedure if we want to apply for canadian visitor visa for her in US. She is an indian citizen.

Thanks
    MKapoor

Canada visitor visa procedure is simple and available on the govt of canada website here

What you are trying to do may not work and infact coined as "flagpoling" by immigration officers. You are risking the cancellation of US visitor visa by trying that. As a visitor, you are required to spend more time in your home country than US before you try to enter again.

The US POE officers are well aware of this trick and they give I-94 for a short period the next time or may refuse the visit completely.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

HI,

bt i head that on immihelp that u should stay in us for 6 months n thn u can go to some neighbouring cuntry for 6 moths or so, n thn come back again to US
      isnt it right???

Comment

Can you post the link please?

There have been too many incidents in which parents returned back to US within 1 year of the previous visit and were given I-94 for a month or so from an observant POE officer along with a warning from postings on this forum and many others.

Not worth the risk of refusal of entry or visa cancellation.

From what I see, immihelp says you can NOT do that here.
        Visitor Visa Extension - Extend a Tourist Visa in the USA by applying for an extension of stay using these steps.
        Last edited by txh1b; 04-11-2008, 09:48 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I had a in person discussion with the immigration officer at US/Canada border at Niagara Falls.

And he clearly indicated that people can't just go to Canada and come back and get new I-94. You need to go out of North America and come back. That means, no Mexico, no Caribbean and coming back.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X