Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Recent visitor Visa Questions

Hi
    My parent will be visitng chennai consulate after 2yrs and got Hinid Appointment.Please share the recent questions asked.

Is there any coverig letter which states like
    Dear Vo, If my parent doesnt leave US with in the expiry of his I-94 I shall leave US.....etc. Last year I heard Such letter helped to ge tthe visa to few people.
    I m the only son and no Sisters and brothers. Father is alone in INDIa and staying alone with his brothers. Peopel say verry few chances to get Visa for such case. Pls help with suggestions and great ideas.

Thanks
    Cherry

No such letters exist and even if someone tried it, it is just a myth that it could have helped parents get the visa.

Each person has to qualify based on their individual ties to home country for a visit visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I agree that such letter does not exist (at least not as a template on this site). And certainly, there is no binding contract in that letter, even if notarized.

I could write a letter, if this person doesn't leave then I will eat a dead mouse... it is pointless, see?
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I am surprised to hear about Hindi appointment at chennai consulate.

Comment

The myth about the letter promising a person to return and it's uselessness is well documented in the website of chennai consulate.

How can I help my friend get a visa?

Applying for a visa can seem complicated at times. Understandably, many individuals may want to help a friend, colleague or loved one go through the visa process.

One of the most common misconceptions regarding nonimmigrant visas is that someone can act as a sponsor or offer to guarantee a person's return to their home country. We receive many such well-intentioned letters. U.S. immigration law makes no provisions for any such guarantees.

The fundamental rule of applying for a visa is that an applicant must qualify based on his or her own circumstances. If you wish to submit information to us in support of an applicant, please send it directly to the applicant. The applicant can then share it with us during his/her interview, or can include it with his/her documents.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by cherryqa1234
            Hi
            My parent will be visitng chennai consulate after 2yrs and got Hinid Appointment.Please share the recent questions asked.

Is there any coverig letter which states like
            Dear Vo, If my parent doesnt leave US with in the expiry of his I-94 I shall leave US.....etc. Last year I heard Such letter helped to ge tthe visa to few people.
            I m the only son and no Sisters and brothers. Father is alone in INDIa and staying alone with his brothers. Peopel say verry few chances to get Visa for such case. Pls help with suggestions and great ideas.

Thanks
            Cherry

@herryqa1234, such letter may not help always and i have never heard about such formats being used for Visa interviews. Coming back to the topic. when your parents are being interviewed they should be very much clear about there intentions of travel to US. Couple of point that could help them for the interview are mentioned below.

1) A sponsor letter from you end.

2) Bank statement of your parent's account here in india

3) Make your parents aware of some places where you will be talking them once they are in US. If possible during the interview ask them to talk about the places that you folks have decided to visit.

4) Be cool, calm and speak the truth.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X