Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-94W - Denied entry - Contradicting info - Help, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94W - Denied entry - Contradicting info - Help, anyone?

Some history;
    I am a UK citizen and have been visiting the US since the 80s on different visa types, usually work related.
    The I-94 VWP later made personal visits easier. In 2003 I met "the girl of my dreams" during one of the visits. We married in the US in 2005. I have a business in Europe and still travel frequently back and forth, my stays in the US being from a few days to several weeks in length. In October last year we submitted the I-130 and we understand that still has about 12 to 15 months before it produces a result.
    The challenge;
    However, on the last visit, my I-94W expired a week before I was due to fly back to the UK. It was the CBP that pointed this out when my wife and I were returning from a trip to Niagara Falls in Canada.
    Despite me showing them my return ticket for the following Monday, and my long record of unblemished visits, the CBP denied me entry, removed me from the VWP program and returned me to Canada. Their I-275 and I-877 reports were sent to the US embassy in London.
    My wife and I are getting some pretty contradictory responses from Congressmen, Senators and other representatives while she is trying to contact a lawyer.
    What I Understand from the CBP officer AND the US Embassy website is that I now have to apply for a visitor visa, but the Washington DC contacts we have made are telling me that is not the case.
    It's going to be a couple of weeks before the lawyer we want is available, so, if you've got this far, is there anyone that has any suggestions.
    Thanks for reading.

You cannot use visa waiver if you have filed an immigrant petiion.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X