Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks in advance:

Hi,
    My parents got a 10 year multiple entry B2 visa in June 2004. My brother was here at that time and he was the sponsor. Now he has moved back to india but I am in the USA studying. They are planning to come here and stay with me for a few months.
    I have 3 questions

1) In 2004 only my mom visited. My dad could not due to family circumstances. Since he got the visa in 2004 and never used it for four years , will he have any issues ?

2) My brother was the sponsor in 2004 but he is no longer here. Will it create any issue ? If the sponsor is no longer here will the visa still hold ?

3) It seems to me that the only place they will be questioned is the port of entry. What should my parents tell to the officer ? that they are visiting their second son ?

Thank You

1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Clarification

Thanka a lot txh1b

As a clarification, The answer to question 2 is NO. I presume that even if the sponsor is no longer here the visa will still hold . The confusion is because Question 2 has two questions in itself. So I wanted to clarify.

Comment

The visitor visa is not dependent on the sponsor. No matter who sponsored it at that time, the visa belongs to your parents and they qualified for the visitor visa on their own merits.

No issues at all. Just send them an invite (preferred but not mandatory).

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you

Hey Txh1b.
          Thanks a lot !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X