Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistor visa when parent is working!

Hi All,

I want to get my parents to US. I want them to visit in Dec but wanted them to go for visa interview in July.
    question:
    My mom currently works and will get a No Objection Letter and plans to stay for 2-3 months but will request for 6 months, so will the VO give her only for the time specified like 3 months since shes in service? and if she gets approval lets say for 6 months. Since she went in July it will be valid till Jan... so is it a good idea to go in July or later.... I am scared if its too late if i plan for a later date but at the same time i want to have a buffer in case on enquiries!!!

Any ideas,
    Kimora

You are worrying too much and making wrong assumptions.

She needs to tell the Visa Officer, WHEN she plans to travel and how long she plans to stay. Period. Just say, she wants to come in December for 2-3 months.

If you start trying to think "what will the VO do?" scenarios... you will probably end up messing the chances for the visa. Asking for 6 months, with the intention of getting 3 instead is a bad idea... just be plainly open and honest.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X