miscellaneaous questions regarding B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miscellaneaous questions regarding B2

Here is a mix of questions, hope it is all right to post them here.
    I am currently in the US on a B2 visa. The visa is issued for only two months and expires on june 29th.
    I am italian but i had to get the visitor visa because i was denied a b2 visa in january and ruined my visa waiver. (I was denied because i applied to early after a three months visit to my bf). Of course, as single divorced woman , they were very suspicious before granting me this visa because i wanted to visit my bf. I also had to show the bank records of the last 6 months. That s probably why it is so short.
    Anyway, i have a return ticket for june 22nd, and i told the embassy that i was travelling back with bf and stayed with him in Germany for 3 weeks.
    Now, guess what, i have been admitted until nov 8th (6 months)with no hassle at the port of entry.

- can i just change my plans and stay here in the States longer , lets say until october, even if i told at the interview, that i was going back on the 22nd?
    - What is the important date ? the visa date or the I94 date?

Now in a couple of months my bf will be divorced and we want to go for the K1.
    Can he file it while i am with him here in the States? and then go back beofre my i 94 expires and wait the last time in my home country?
    Thanks
    Last edited by bubina; 06-03-2008, 03:10 PM.

Your latest I-94 date is important. You can stay here till the date shown on the latest I-94.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Your bf is not yet divorced; his timeline may be different from that you expect; once you are illegal in the country, you are subject to deportation and a lot of other problems.

You already have a red flagged immigration record. I believe it is in your best interest to return to your home country before the expiration date of your I-94 and file appropriately for the fiance visa.

Since it does not sound like that is something you might do, you would best consult an immigration lawyer since you are likely to need his services to obtain your green card once you file for it.

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
        Your bf is not yet divorced; his timeline may be different from that you expect; once you are illegal in the country, you are subject to deportation and a lot of other problems.

You already have a red flagged immigration record. I believe it is in your best interest to return to your home country before the expiration date of your I-94 and file appropriately for the fiance visa.

Since it does not sound like that is something you might do, you would best consult an immigration lawyer since you are likely to need his services to obtain your green card once you file for it.
        No, you must have misunderstood.
        I have no intention of becoming an illegal, but since i am allowed to stay here until november, i was wondering if my bf could file a k1 once divorced and with me still being in the States. Legally.

Comment

The K visas are done with the non-citizen outside the US.

You may certainly stay until the I-94 date without a problem. The K visa times are not fast - likely under a year but defiinitely not a quick turnaround.

You really need to talk to an attorney so that you know your options, the timelines and risks. A consultation is cheap considering the consequences for doing it wrong. Your bf's divorce lawyer should be able to refer you to an immigration attorney.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X