Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Interview document submission at Mumbai consulate (urgent help needed!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Interview document submission at Mumbai consulate (urgent help needed!!!)

Hi,

I am applying for my mothers visa thru the Mumbai consulate.
    One of the requirement there is to submit the application documents before 3 days of the interview.

Somehow the documents we send to Mumbai VFS got lost on the way()the bus carryingthe courier had an accident). So we are sending them again.

My question is if documents are not submitted on time what will happen?

I am sure they will cancel the Interview. But will they allow us to schedule a new one with new HDFC fee receipt in the future?

(just FYI to anybody who come accross this situation, when we lost the Blue receipt the VFS helpdesk told us that we can submit the PINK receipt also. My mother will have to carry the photocopy of the receipt for her interview)

Did you read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/u...ubmission.html ?

Look at the last line in the first section. If you don't submit the appointment in time, your appointment is considered cancelled.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

If you are not able to submit the document before 3 working day at Mumbai VFS centre your appointement usually considered as Cancelled.

But you can take chance by calling VFS call centre and try explain your real situation, they may allow you to continue with your appointment.

And second senario is you will be considered as cancelled or no show applicant. If it is cancelled than you can reconfirm your appointment at any time. But if it considered as no show applicant than you HDFC bank receipt will be deactivated and you need to activate that by visiting personally at VFS centre after 2 days of your date of interview. They will charge you 150 INR for each applicant and then reactivate your receipt. Then you can fix your appointment again.

But after you second cancellation, your fee receipt will be deactivated for 90 calender days and you can not fix your appointment within that time.

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks a lot.

we were able to submit the documents on the last day.
        They took the Pink HDFC slip. and asked us to keep the photocopy for the interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X