b2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b2 visa

hi! my b2 visa has recently been approved and is valid for 3 months. actually, when i applied for my visa, i only indicated there that i'm going to stay in the US for 14 days and which will be sponsored by me. however, now I'm thinking of extending my stay to visit my family and friends in other States.

is it ok if my roundtrip ticket is for 3 months (maximizing the visa validity duration)? or if not, what is the advisable maximum time that i can take for the vacation?

your advice will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance!

Hi Reel,

Congrates...

what you got is the visa approval and it is valid for 3 months. you can visit US untll the last day of validity. Once you clear the port of entry the officer there will grant you I94, which will tell you how long you can stay.

So if you show them round trip tickets and other letters or reasons, they will give you the stay... so it depends on the I94 validity now... again, usually they allow you the stay if you show reasons, tickets etc...

You will get more advice from the senior members
    Best of luck

Comment

thank you very much for your reply! may i ask if the documents below are sufficient enough to show my reason in staying in the US for a longer period than was indicated in the form?
      - round trip ticket for 1 month
      - itinerary
      - letter of invitation from my friend stating that i can stay at their house

do i need to show them the leave form and/or documents that i have presented during the interview?

many thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X