No announcement yet.

I want to attend a 4-day seminar in USA, please what forms do I have to fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to attend a 4-day seminar in USA, please what forms do I have to fill

Please I have applied for a 4-day seminar in USA please what type of documents do I need and what type of forms do I have fill and send to the embassy. Please do I have to write 4days in the How long will you be spending in USA column of the form? Hoping to hear from you soon.
    Joseph.

Document and Forms

Dear Friend,

First of all forms to be required to fill are as follow. And you have to apply for online appointment.
    1. DS 156
    2. DS 157 (For person age between 15 to 55)

For for lenth of duration you want want to stay in USA you can write 2 weeks.

Your purpose of visit is to attend the conference, which will be covered under Businees Visa Class (B1)

Document to be required to present at the time of interview for VO
    1. Your invitation letter from Seminar or your proof of registration.
    2. Your proof adress where you will stay in USA (You need to fill this information in DS 156)
    3. Letter of employment from your current employer with describing your designation, type of job (Temporary or Permenent) and your Annual Salary.
    4. Letter of approval of leave.
    5. Your educational certificates.
    6. The statement showing your and your family's financial background. That should include all immovable properties (like House, Plot, Land, Shop etc) and Liquied assest (like FD in bank and private, Nsc, NSS, LIC Padi Up, Share and debentures and all other fianacial investment you made)

Ultimately what VO want is you have strong reason to go to USA (Inviation letter or Registration), your background to suit for that seminar, your financial capability, Your ties in india that you will come back after attending seminar.

Wishing you a good luck

Regards
    Hardik

Comment

Please am a full time student in a University here and I am in my third year. Do I have to provide any information from my University?

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Please I am in a university now, and I would like to know the kind of documents I have to submit to the embassy

Comment

Hi Joseph,

Ok if you are university student than you may take a chance with following documents.

The first choice is Try to get sponsorship letter from your college or university if possible

If that is not possible than mention that mentioned that your trip will be financed from your family fund and make the financial statement of your family (Include porperty of your father, mother and brother).

Other required are
          - Your letter of leave from your college

Its not like that only earning person can get the visa, student also get the visa.

What he expect from you is why you want to attend that seminar and how it will useful for your future.

Present your self with very confident.

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks

Thank you very much for the answers to me. I really appreciate your time for me.Please, My Church Elder has decided to sponsor me for the seminar, will this affect my application? Hoping to hear from you soon.

Comment

Please I would also like to know the answer I have to provide for the question number 25 of the DS 156 form. Since I will not be staying with any person, the organizers of the seminar will provide me with a hotel accomodation and meal which is a scholarship they gave to me.
              Please the question is
              25. Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business

Please what should write at the name column of this question number 25?
              Thank you and hoping to hear from you soon.

Comment

Write the contact person of the sponsoring organization and the hotel address.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by godlittleson
                  Thank you very much for the answers to me. I really appreciate your time for me.Please, My Church Elder has decided to sponsor me for the seminar, will this affect my application? Hoping to hear from you soon.
                  The sponsorship by Church Elder will definately help you, when VO is evaluating your finanacial capability for this expensive trip at this non earning age.

But as an proof of sponsorship you need to have a letter and affidavite of support for sponsorship mentioning that your church elder will take care for all the expeses like air ticket, registration and accomodation etc.
                  Last edited by hardikp; 06-06-2008, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by godlittleson
                    Please I would also like to know the answer I have to provide for the question number 25 of the DS 156 form. Since I will not be staying with any person, the organizers of the seminar will provide me with a hotel accomodation and meal which is a scholarship they gave to me.
                    Please the question is
                    25. Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. Who You Will Be Staying With or Visiting for Tourism or Business

Please what should write at the name column of this question number 25?
                    Thank you and hoping to hear from you soon.
                    No you must need to give a name for contact person. As you are going to attend seminar so you might be going for presentation or to attend seminar. So just give a name of authorized person, who has invited you officially or issued you a registration letter. Also you need to give his contact information.

Ths same information will require in DS-157 (for Q:5, i am not sure for Q. No.)
                    Last edited by hardikp; 06-06-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you very much for your answers to me. I really appreciate your time for me.
                      Please about the question 8 of the DS157 forms, it says ''8. Full Name and Address of Contact Person or Organization in the United States (Include Telephone Number)'' . Please I have the oganization name,their address and their contact information. Please do I have to still write the name of the person whose name is under the acceptance letter as in the question 25 of the DS 156 forms?
                      If I write the name of the person in under the acceptance letter in question 25 of the DS 156 and write the oganization name and contact information in question 8 of the DS 157 form, with there be a problem?

Thank you once again for your taking time to help me out. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X