Sponsorship documents - marriage certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsorship documents - marriage certificate

Thanks for all the help we've gotten so far. I just have one last question. We have gathered together all the documents for my mother in law's visa interview, and are not sure if a marriage certificate is necessary. I am an American citizen and my husband is a green card holder. I also have a PIO card. The sponsor documents page here on immihelp says that if you are sponsoring your in-laws, to provide a marriage certificate. But if we're both sponsoring my MIL, is the marriage certificate necessary? We can't find our copy and it would take time to get the courthouse to send us a new copy, and we're pressed for time--we want to send her the packet this week.

By the way, we've been trying for what seems like forever to get her appointment online, and have had no luck for days and days. Sometimes it feels like we'll never get an appointment and we're gathering all these documents for nothing. Feeling very discouraged.

Not a big deal. There are many ways to prove that you are married like your joint tax returns, birth certificate of children (Doesn't prove marriage though), joint accounts etc..

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X