Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for my Mother and Sister.

Hi,
    I have H1-B and plan to travel to US in the month of September. I have a 6 months old baby who will be travalling with me. Now, to take care of her, I want to take my mother and sister along for at least 3 months. What visa should I apply? Is B2 correct?
    What should be the procedure? Please help me.

My father has a B1 visa. And My husband has a B1 visa as well.
    Should that be a problem any where.

My sister has completed her studies and is currently at home. and my mother is a housewife.

Please help!!
    Pallavi

Your plan is unacceptable.

A B2 visa is not to allow you to take a babysitter with you to care for a child while you work. Look through this forum for numerous discussions on the same situation. If you plan to work in the US, you must arrange for child care in a day care center, hire a nanny, or have the child's other parent home to care for the child. If this arrangement was not acceptable, you should not have planned to come to the US to work. This plan of yours is well documented as unauthorized employment.

Your sister is unlikely to obtain a visa anyway. As an unmarried, unemployed woman, she will be seen as coming to US to look for a husband or a job.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Actually, I need my mom to just help me transition my daughter to the day care for a while.

Isnt there any way out? My husband would be joining me in sometime. But, till then, i need someone to help me.

I dont see any way out!! Please help.

Thanks for all inputs.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X