Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa appointment with chennai consulate

Hello,

I'm trying to get a visa appointment at chennai consulate in Tamil language. I've been checking the vfs website for past week - so far no luck. If any of you booked an appointment recently or book in the following days, please post so that I can also try booking at the same time.

Thanks
    Literate.

Visa appointment with chennai consulate

yep

i had the same problem previously, but finally i got it.... you check the vfs site early in the mornings at 5.00AM, specially on weekends....
    you will definitely get it...

All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Anishbharadwaj
      yep

i had the same problem previously, but finally i got it.... you check the vfs site early in the mornings at 5.00AM, specially on weekends....

All the best

Thanks for your wishes Anish. You meant 5 AM EST right.

Comment

Visa appointment with chennai consulate

Originally posted by literate
        Thanks for your wishes Anish. You meant 5 AM EST right.
        Please help me out about the time mentioned here....5:00AM IST or US time zone?

Thanks,
        krish

Comment

Originally posted by literate
          Hello,

I'm trying to get a visa appointment at chennai consulate in Tamil language. I've been checking the vfs website for past week - so far no luck. If any of you booked an appointment recently or book in the following days, please post so that I can also try booking at the same time.

Thanks
          Literate.

It is 5 am EST. Especially Fridays, Saturday and Sunday.
          The dates are released in one week chunk (at least as far as I have seen)

Literate

Comment

I was waiting for a week and the dates (New delhi -Hindi) (july 7,8)suddenly showed up on Friday morning , i think it was around 6:00 am EST, but by the time i filled up the required fields to go to the confirmation page , the dates were gone. You have to be very quick in entering the pport#,hdfc receipt#,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by visitorappt
              You have to be very quick in entering the pport#,hdfc receipt#,etc.
              Just filling in this info will not save/reserve the appointment for you. You need to have the entire DS156/157 forms filled out before you snatch that appointment slot for good.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b , yep you are right , i was assuming the 156 and 157 forms were already filled before you can select the appt dates. the dates were gone by the time i retrieved my saved application.

I have a question My mother is 55 yrs and she is going to New Delhi consulate , when i prepared her application it didn't ask me to fill DS-157 form. Is DS-157 required for all applicants ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by visitorappt
                  I have a question My mother is 55 yrs and she is going to New Delhi consulate , when i prepared her application it didn't ask me to fill DS-157 form. Is DS-157 required for all applicants ?

Thanks
                  She does not need one. Some consulates ask everyone to fill out one. If VFS did not give one, she does not need one.
                  Last edited by txh1b; 06-24-2008, 07:31 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by Anishbharadwaj
                    yep

All the best

Hi Thanks Anish,

I followed your suggestion and i got the appointment today morning sharp at 5.00am EST.

Thanks,
                    Udaya.

Comment

trying for appointment with Chennai cons. Telugu Lan

Hi All,
                      Am trying to get visa appointment with Telugu Lang option. From last one week i am trying, but couldn't succeed. i came to know from the prev posts that the appointments will available at 5.00am EST time.
                      May be i will try for this time. But i have one question. I am loking for time slots in SEP month. Can VFS show the available time slots for coming months in advance?. or VFS will show only slots avaiable in forward month only???!!!..

I appreciate for your time..

Thanks
                      vsr

Comment

You will not get Sep appointment now. Since June is almost over, only you will get July appointment.

Comment

did any one tried to get Tamil Appointment in chennai for July month?

What time zone & what time did you try to get?

thanks for your help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X