I 134 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 134 Question

My parents are going for a interview on Tuesday 24th june 08. I sent only 1 I 134 with my fathers name on it. I have listed my mothers name under " person accompanying". I need to send the I 134 for my mother. Can I scan and send it?

Or only a original is required?

Let me know what should I be doing?

thanks and regards
    Last edited by maverick1281; 06-20-2008, 10:32 AM.

Two options...

1. If you really are interested in getting your mother to visit you, then the safer option is to reschedule the interview, and send the I-134 for her.

2. Since you have sent one I-134, you obviously knew it is only for one person, and they specificially state you have to prepare one for each person being sponsored. Having said that, if you cannot delay your parents trip for some reason, then my suggestion would be to get the second I-134 done right away, notarize it, scan it in COLOR, and then have your parents also PRINT in color. Use blue ink for signatures so that in color it is more prominent. On an official basis, the second I-134 will have no merit since it has to be notarized, which means it needs to be original. However, since your parents have one original, they can at least show the second scanned one, and if they need to explain, they can tell the VO that you didn't realize you needed two and had to send a scanned copy. This would at least show that you took some steps to sponsor your mother, and the dates on the scanned copy may support the case.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X