What to expect now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect now ?

Hello , I married a young lady from Colombia in August 07' . We have filled out the I-130 & I-485 papers . We have recieved the receipt of payments from the gov. , we also recieved the paper that tells us to be in Columbus , Ohio for their biometrics ( she has two kids ). We were wondering what happens after that and how long ? We are curious as to when she can get a social security number , green card or whatever , she is wanting to work . Also , I am closer to Charleston WV than Columbus , could I possible have it arranged so we can go there instead ? 45 minutes is alot closer than 3 hours !

She will get her biometrics done,
    she will receive her EAD card (employment authorization), if she applied for it (i-765) and then she can get a SSN.
    she will receive an interview appointment in the upcoming months.

You can not change the location of the Biometrics.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I believe she did ( I-765 ).

Thank you very much ! I had no idea it would be such a headache , an expensive one at that ! I am waiting on the SSN so I can do my taxes , I hope she has one by October !

Thanks again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X