Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ppt valid for 4 months only

Hi friends

I applied for B2 in Feb,2008. Got 221 (g) pink slip at interview. Recieved a call from US Embassy last week saying the clearance has come from US & was asked to submit Passport. Submitted Ppt on 20/06/2008, Friday. Does it mean my B2 visa has been granted ? Can anybody guide ?

Secondly when I applied for B2 in Feb,2008 my Ppt was valid for around 8 mnths but now it's valid for 4 mnths only. Will it be a problem ? If yes than wat would be d soultion ?

Thanx in advance.

Tapinder

If they say it is a problem, get a new passport and submit it. No big deal. US Consulate asks for the passport to be valid for 6 months at the time of visa interview.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Granted 10 yr M/E visa !

Thnx for d reply TX. I hav been granted a 10 yr multiple entry visa. They didn't ask anything about d validity of d passport.

Now is it necessary to hav atleast 6 mnths valid passport to enter at POE in US or can i fly wid dis 4 mnths valid Indian passport without a renewed one. I'm planning to fly next week itself & hav plans to stay there for a month & half before returning. I would renew my passport in US if I'm let in with old one. Any suggestions or past experiences appreciated.

ta
      Tapinder

Originally posted by txh1b
      If they say it is a problem, get a new passport and submit it. No big deal. US Consulate asks for the passport to be valid for 6 months at the time of visa interview.

Comment

You can travel as long as PP is valid. Look at the list of countries that are exempt.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X