Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents Visiting 1 bedroom Apt Allowed or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visiting 1 bedroom Apt Allowed or Not?

Hello,

My parents and sister are visiting me for a month. But I am living in 1 bedroom apt. They would be living with me.Would this be a problem during immigration. Or by law is it permitted?

thanks,
    Maverick

Technically no, but ...

... since they're only on a very short vacation, you may choose not to ask too many people about it in your complex's management area!

Hope you get the picture.

Enjoy!

PS: By the way, this is only for local rental management, local public safety and insurance. The US law for immigration has nothing to do with this, so don't even go there.

Comment

Local municipal and fire Marshall rules allow only a limited number of people in a particular sq footage area. Your apartment management must have given you a contract that you signed and that will say how many people are allowed in the apartment.

Rest is your choice and use of judgment.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Your apartment complex may have a visitors apartment that you can rent for the month.

Comment

It is better you consult your appartment management. They may allow considering the short stay. In Irving (Dallas) the appartment management allowed to stay for short period.

Comment

I agree with txh1b.

Don't complicate the issue by asking around too much. Just enjoy.
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp
              I agree with txh1b.
              Correction - Immihelp agrees with "knowledgeable".
              Check out H1 FAQs first!
              http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

It's not worth ...

... the efforts to move your parents and sister to a hotel or a friend's single family house.

That is exactly what you'll have to do if you ask / tell too many people around.

Just mention they're visiting for a very short time, if and only, repeat only if asked.

Else, don't mention this even in casual conversations.

It's only for a month, enjoy and make sure your family likes this country and knows you're well and set.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X