Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom got visa

All,

After weeks of thorough preparation and documentation, my mom got her visa yesterday at the Chennai consulate. In spite of our situation - my mom is widowed and the breadwinner of our family. She is coming here for my graduation.

Luckily, the questions were simple and straightforward.

It seems the officer was in very good mood.

VO: Who are you going to visit?
    Mom: My son.
    VO: Where is your son studying?
    Mom: <Name of the university>
    VO: My daughter goes to the university too.
    [laughs, feels happy]
    VO: Convey my congratulations to your son
    VO: About your workplace, [repeats name of the employer]?
    Mom: I've been working there for more than 20 years.
    VO: [Smiles], Your visa is granted.

Not a document was checked. How much more easier can
    a visa interview be?

I've been visiting this forum for the last one to one and half month.
    I prepared my mom's case based on the suggested documents, and experiences I found here.

My feeling is this: If you do enough background work - read about all required documents, go through all the various relevant postings, prepare documents truthfully, and train the person who is interviewing, obtaining visitor visa should be very easy.

There is no one word answer to 'What are documents required for visitor visa?' or 'How to obtain visitor visa easily?'.

Thanks for all your knowledgeable answers and insights.

Literate

Congrats! Enjoy her visit.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

help me

im doing my masters in virginia,usa.im attanding my graduation ceremony in june 09 for that i want to invite my husband and my parents.but my frends are telling that its easy for parents but doubt for husband visa.im really very tensed about this please help me if u know any information about inviting husband on graduation.more details

1)my husband is working in special protection force in police department from past 7 years.he can work till his 50 years.he is 35 now.
      2) he dont have any property documents on his name but we have 40lakhs house on my name which my father gifted us on my marriage.
      3)he has bank transctions with acceptable amounts.
      4)can we show this properties original documents if vo asks.
      5)please let me know what documents they need to prepair for visa.

please help me.im trying to study this forums till now i got some information

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X