Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have been here for short term, need to sponsor parents/mother_in_law

Hi All,

This community has been extremely helpful for me in the past to solve my issue.
    Right now I have a crisis for which I need a solution.

Me and my wife are on L1/L2 visa for the past 2 months. We are expecting a baby on October. It would be extremely helpful if my parents or her mother joins us during her pregnancy.

Please advice me what is the right approach to invite then on B2 ? Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance,
    Sudhi ...
    Last edited by sudeerao; 07-21-2008, 02:34 AM.

First, having a baby is not a crisis but a blessing! On a practical note, hospitals offer infant care and prenatal classes for both mothers and fathers.

You may certainly have your parents apply for a B2 visa. Look through the forum for suggestions for required and suggested documents. Be aware that in the US culture it is not required or even expected that grandparent-to-be assist at this time and does not justify the need for a visa. Any care that can be viewed as working can be seen an unauthorized employment.

If your wife needs assistance, you can hire a housekeeper, nanny, or doula.

Comment

Of course, I didnt mean having a baby as crisis. But my crisis situation is not having any elders to help my wife in her pregnancy. I agree and accept that its fairly easy and straight forward here, but its in Indian culture and way of life that during pregnancy wife expects someone elder !

Thanks a lot for your wonderful suggestion, I will go ahead with the B2 visa but will not make this as prominent reason for inviting them.

Thank you very much.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X