Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent visit to US on B1/B2 visa.

Hello,

I have 10 year ME B1/B2 visa. I came to USA first time in Oct 07. At that time I was given 3 months at PoE. So I went back to India in Jan 08, stayed for one and half months. I came again in March 08 and given 6 months at PoE. I-94 is expiring in Aug'08.
    Now, I am wondering if i go back to India, say for one and half or two months, and come back in Oct'08, What are the chances I will get 6 months at PoE? Can my frequent visits to US cause any problem at PoE?

I have heard about a rule regarding how many months in a year a person on B2 visa can stay within a rolling year. According to this rule, a person can stay 6 months max in a rolling year. I am not sure whether this is true or not, any comment on this is appreciated.

I don't want to file for visa extension. Because I heard if extension is filed once then next time when you come again they give you hard time.

Thanks

Read many comments on similar issues on the forum. Visitor has to spend more time in the home country than in the US. You are risking your visa if you try to abuse the B2 and could get cancelled at POE if an observant CBP officer gets you.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

What exactly are you doing in the USA that merits such long and continous stays?
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X