Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with the VFS website

hi frnds,

I am trying to book an appointment for my mother who is supposed to visit me for my delivary in oct. appoinments in hindi are not readily available.. as i have been trying for 2-3 weeks now but no luck.

another problem is that the vfs website also doesnt seem to work ptoperly every now and then.. this is so frustrating.. when i reach the last page it just shows an error page saying that "session expired"... i missed two appointmants date because of this.. i also emailed guys at vfs and they said u sud have IE 3.0, we have the latest 6.0

dont know what to do .. fear that i will miss another dates because of this problem

can anyone help me?

The latest I.E. or Internet Explorer version is 7.x

Comment

Try with firefox.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Do also ...

... check your pop-up blockers, firewall etc. or use another computer.

Good luck.

Comment

have tried all possibole alternatives

I was using firebox before but noticed that it doesn't work well with the website. Plus vfs suggested me to use IE. This problem of error page is temporary .. sometimes i see it other times i don't. i fear next time when i am to confirm the appointment the same message will show coz usually it happens when i am applying for the appointment.

The internet explorer we have is the latest one and we have two computers here and one in India on which the message shown is the same do you still think that it is problem of firewall

Comment

I wish ...

... I could be more helpful. If I knew the exact issues with screen shots, I might, just might be able to help.

I've never filled in any of these forms ever so have no clue. I can't fill in anything just to check out the web site, that will not be considered good!

Maybe someone else who has encountered similar issues can help you better. Sorry about that.

At the least disable all the firewalls, software, hardware etc. and pop-up blockers temporarily.

Take care.

Comment

i too faced the same problem n i can understand how frustrating it is...
              the only solution i found out is try using different desktops when one is not working.......

Comment

According to Sudheer78 ...

... it's more likely to be a localized problem than the issue with the VFS website itself.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by knowledgeable
                  ... I could be more helpful. If I knew the exact issues with screen shots, I might, just might be able to help.

I've never filled in any of these forms ever so have no clue. I can't fill in anything just to check out the web site, that will not be considered good!

Maybe someone else who has encountered similar issues can help you better. Sorry about that.

At the least disable all the firewalls, software, hardware etc. and pop-up blockers temporarily.

Take care.
                  this is the page that i see

Comment

It looks like you have either a very slow internet connection and bits are getting lost resulting in a timeout.

Do you have dialup?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I myself tried to go to that link and it says 'Session Expired'. But that link says 'RefreshPage.htm'. I am not sure why anyone is going to that link.

Go to https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-application-procedure/ and follow the procedure.
                      Immihelp Support
                      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

broad band

ahh .. no we have broad band .. actually our internet is very fast and we are able to watch cricket, tv and movies on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp
                          I myself tried to go to that link and it says 'Session Expired'. But that link says 'RefreshPage.htm'. I am not sure why anyone is going to that link.

Go to https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-application-procedure/ and follow the procedure.
                          That message comes when i am at the 20th point as per the description given on https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/u...a-appointment/. Instead of showing the calendar for appointment it shows error page..

Comment

Ah! The calendar ...

... is usually a "control" (Microsoft Windows) &/or associated with a pop-up.

Your computer is not allowing the control to run (execute) or the additional window to open for an interactive task.

That's most likely the issue.

So, best would be to temporarily disable all firewalls and pop-up controls as well as any spy wares.

Take care.

Comment

You have to allow activex to takeover I guess. Is it a genuine MS OS is another question as some features may not work.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X