B1 visa marked on I-94 for visit on B2 visa at port of entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa marked on I-94 for visit on B2 visa at port of entry

Hi, My father is visiting me in US for my graduation ceremony. He got B2 visa for 10 years and entered US in July 08. At the port of entry the immigration guy asked about the purpose of the trip and duration of stay. My fater told that he is visiting me for graduation ceremony and is here for 3 months. He did not show his ticket etc..... But actually his retrun ticket is after 3 months and 2 days. The guy at the port of entry wrote B1 visa on I-94 and also stamped the return/departure date after exact 3 months. Should I just prepond the travel date of my father by 2 days, as his actual ticket is after 3 months and 2 days? Also, will there be any problem for next entry to US as visitor(B2 visa) because his previous trip will be considered marked as B1 not B2 visa?

he needs to leave before the i-94 expires, period.

plus a graduation ceremony is not 3 months long anyways... the officer decides whether to stamp b1/b2 or both... so do not worry about it, just change the plane ticket to leave at least 1 week before the i-94 expires and he should have no problem returning later.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X