Mother's 3rd attempt Success, Brother's 1st attempt Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's 3rd attempt Success, Brother's 1st attempt Failure

My mother and brother appeared for the visa interview today (5th Sept). Visa was granted for my mother only. I am happy that my mother got visa in her 3rd attempt.

My brother answered most of the questions
    (Interview was in Telugu)

Brother:
    1) Where do you work?
    2) What are your job duties?
    3) What is your salary
    4) Howmany kids do you have?
    5) There are some questions about my Visa and Job

Mother:
    1) What about your husbend
    My brother answered that my father passed away
    2) What was his job when he was alive?

After these questions the VO kept both the passports in the cover and about return them back. But he changed his mind and open both passports, thought for a while looking at his computer. After a while he returned my brother's passport and said that he can grant visa only for my mother.

The VO did not look at any of the supporting documents.

We are happy with the result because my mother's visa was already rejected twice.... we were worried about thrid attempt.

My guess is that the VO denied my brother's visa intentianally to ensure that my mother has some ties back in India. Next time I can try for his whole family after 2 or 3 years.
    Last edited by svb; 09-05-2008, 01:56 AM.

Congrats SVB. I'm in same situation in that mom's visa rejected twice as she is a widow. Can you tell please me:

(a) After how many months or years after the second rejection she appeared for the interview this 3rd time?

(b) Did you do anything different this time in terms of documents, covering letter, the way questions were answered etc.

Thx in advance

Comment

My mothers visa was rejected in Sept 2005 and Jan 2006. The third attempt was on Sept 2008.

In the third attempt I booked the appointment for my brother and mother together so that my brother can handle the interview well.

In terms of Financial and Family ties, it was the same situation that she had in the last two attempts.

I feel that luck also matters a lot. This become more evident in our case as the VO was about to return both the passports (reject) and then changed his mind to reject one application and approve the other one

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X