Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa rejected without looking at docs chennai consulate

Hi,
    My parents appeared for B2 tourist visa on Sep 8th (tamil interview) and got rejected. Reason they said was 214b.

Since in the application the occupation mentioned for my father was Agriculture,
    The questions they had asked was

How many acres of land you have ?
    Dad answered 6 acres
    What is your annual income ?
    1,20,000 rupees

Then they asked
    How many children do you have ?
    two (son in US and daughter married and settled here in India)
    What does your daughter's husband do ?
    Agriculture

The VO did not ask for any documents and said they are sorry they could not issue a visa this time
    Reason 214b

The only thing my dad could have added but did not do so is, say that my sister is a government employee. i don't know if this could have helped.

I am really confused what could be the reason.

Will my situation be a problem, I changed from F1 to H1B(about a year and 3 months back) and have the valid papers but not stamped yet. Wife is on dependent visa also changed from F2 to H4.
    Any thoughts on this scenario would greatly help. Nothing substantially will change even if I re-apply other than changing the duration of their stay(ie i had put 6 months, now while reapplying i can put may be 3 months etc). What time duration you think i have to wait for my reapplication in this scenario. thanking in advance for your time.

reapplication succeeded

My parents reapplied for visa (appeared for tamil interview on 20th Oct) and their visa was approved at chennai.
    Questions they had asked to my parents were,

Who is there in USA ? (son)

what is he doing ? (working as a researcher)

where did he study ? Undergrad, post grad, grad info

who paid for the studies at the USA ? (scholarship)

they did not look at the documents at all,
    we had pretty much the same documentation with a new bank statement and cover letter.
    all the other docs including I-134 i had just the previous visa attempt one

i had asked my folks to get the cover summary sheet of the CA statement dated new so that if they ask we can tell that we gathered all these documents since the last interview

yet another change was i had put 3 months instead of 6 months for the duration of stay

anyways thanks very much to the admins of this site, i was able to get lot of information which helped me prepare the visa documents

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X