Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am on H1. Can wife come on B2

Hi friends,

I am working here in US for last 3 years on H1. I am going to india next month to get married. My wife is working there in Bangalore. She will not come with me as dependent on H4, because her company promised her that she will be given an L1, as soon as she completes 3 yrs with them. Now both of us want to be together here in US for atleast one month after marriage. She will be taking leave from her office for that.
    1) Since she is not leaving her job, can she obtain a B2 visa by telling the consulate officer that she wants to stay with her husband for a month. or does she need to get H4.
    2) Can she apply for a B2 right now saying that her friend (or better yet fiancee') is in the US.
    3) If her B2 gets rejected, Does it have any impact on L1 that her company is going to sponsor.

Please help!
    Thanks in advance.

Why do all this nonsense? Get a H4 visa stamp (easier than a B2 by all means), travel for a month and go back to her job. No one is forcing one to stay in US on a H4. Once she gets her L1, she can use that and come.

This is by far the easiest and best approach than making up all the stories and lies.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

As far as I understand, H4 means dependent. Now if she has a job, she is not really a dependent or is she?

Originally posted by txh1b
      Why do all this nonsense? Get a H4 visa stamp (easier than a B2 by all means), travel for a month and go back to her job. No one is forcing one to stay in US on a H4. Once she gets her L1, she can use that and come.

This is by far the easiest and best approach than making up all the stories and lies.

Comment

Originally posted by vikasgoyalgzs
        As far as I understand, H4 means dependent. Now if she has a job, she is not really a dependent or is she?
        She having a job overseas has got nothing to do with the dependent visa. Lying on a visa application will result in a permanent ban.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Originally posted by txh1b
          She having a job overseas has got nothing to do with the dependent visa. Lying on a visa application will result in a permanent ban.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X