Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa for parents

Hi,
    My parents got B1/B2 visa 8months back for attending my graduation ceremony.They got a 10 year multiple entry visa.
    But,they couldn't come to US for some reason.
    Now iam on OPT status and working in a company,and want to call them in couple of months.
    Will there be any problem at port of entry or somewhere,as its nearly one year since they got the Visa??
    What are all the documents they require.??Do i need to send them any docs??
    Please help as Iam very much confused.
    Thanks in advance!!

There is nothing to worry. They can travel to USA till the last date of the visitor visa. You may send them a invite letter which they can carry with them. This being their first visit, based on their answers at POE, they will be given a 6 months stay but I strongly advice them to leave in 3-4 months time so that they will not have any problem when they come next time.
    They will be needing your address, telephone number while traveling to fill in I 94 form.

Comment

b2 visa

Dear members,
      thanks for the reply.
      The thing is i was on F1 when they got the visa and they were to attend my graduation ceremony.But now iam on OPT,So what are the documents they should carry?Do i need to send my employer letter,etc.
      Invitation letter means just a plain letter or is there some form??
      pls reply.

Comment

You are worrying too much. just a plain letter addressed to Immigration Officer at POE that you have called your parents to USA to be with you for some time and tourism. This letter they do not need to show to IO unless otherwise asked. The IO normally will ask them simple 3 questions.
        1. What is the purpose of their visit to USA?
        2. With whom will they be staying?
        3. How many months will they be staying?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X