Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats up with visas from india to usa???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with visas from india to usa???

two people have told me lately they cannot get a tourist visa...anyone shed light on this?

Originally posted by IndianToUsa
    two people have told me lately they cannot get a tourist visa...anyone shed light on this?
    Maybe all of the abuse by indians of their tourist visas? **** documents? overstays? filing for unnecessary extensions? lying to VOs and IOs?
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

praetorian XI,
      It is unfair on your part to single out Indians who abuse the visitor visa law. Given a chance, every one does to suite to his/her advantage.
      In future please refrain from singling out Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by ramabalaji
        praetorian XI,
        It is unfair on your part to single out Indians who abuse the visitor visa law. Given a chance, every one does to suite to his/her advantage.
        In future please refrain from singling out Indians.
        I am not singling out anybody. Read the Original Post's Title/Subject... he is asking why it is getting harder for indians to obtain a tourist visa based on the experience of his two indians friends.

So I based my answer on my experience from this and other forum relating to indians...

He asked about indians, so I answered about indians... if he had said "italians" then just replace the word "indians" for "italians" and it would be the same thing... except some reason may be changed.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

I am only feeling sad that entire Indians get a bad name just because a few of them abuse the law to their advantage. Just 2 friends stated it is difficult to get visitor visas from India. The whole Indians get a bad name. Funny!!
          2 friends make whole India.

Comment

re:

Preatoarian was just stating facts. Its the reason why India and the Philippines dont have the visa waiver program. Due to a lot of cases where people stay illegally after they get the visitor visa. He's just speaking generally and not saying EVERYONE from India is.

Comment

Hi friends,

I dont think that way, we cannot generalize that Indians arent geting visitor visa, only if two people that we heard dint get. I can say that its not true with my expreince.

My parents attended for visitor visa, at chennai consulate yesterday OCT 14th, they got their visa. To my surprise interview was so simple, they just asked my dad's occupation and about children. That's all.

The same day my friends parents also attended and they too got their visa.

Aslo after coming out from the hall finishing interview, my parents found that most of them who appeared got their visa except a couple.

Hope this helps, to change your impression and build hopes.

Comment

I don't think PrateorianXI is generalizing on all Indians. He is only generalizing the ones that didn't get the visa. I believe he mentioned Indians only because the original poster asked about Indians.

I would attempt to try to rephrase the question and answer:

Q: Why wouldn't someone get US visa?
                A: Some of the possible reasons are abuse, **** documents, overstays, filing for unncessary extensions, lying to VOs and IOs.

I hope that helps everyone.
                Immihelp Support
                No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Indian To USA,
                  I do hope that you would have read the posting of from prats2147 about the successful visa interviews.
                  Why don't you think twice before giving a generalised title as ' Whats up with visas from India to USA???
                  Just because two of your friends did not get visas, it does not mean all Indians do not get visas.
                  If your friends did put proper facts before the Vos, they would have got the visas.
                  By your ignorant statement you have brought shame to many Indians both in India and USA.
                  Shame on you.

Comment

Indians in USA,
                    Do all of you abuse the tourist visas, **** documents, over stays, filing for unnecessary extensions, lying to VOs and IOs?
                    Do you all agree with the generalised statement posted in this thread?

Comment

I think there is no reason to get offended by it. Too often than not, words get past the electronic means more than what they actually mean and flame wars start between users.

There have been published articles in the main street media in US about a growing number of overstays by people of South Asian origin. (Note that I am trying my best here not to say Indians)

This would mean more scrutiny on visa applicants. I guess, it all depends on what their ties are to the home country. My parents would not prefer to stay in US even if someone pays them a good amount of money. All they do is visit for a month and start counting days ever since they land here to go back to their home country, which is where they have their heart and soul.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Indians in USA,
                        Do all of you abuse the tourist visas, **** documents, over stay, file for unnecessary extensions, lie to VOs and IOs?
                        Do you agree with the generalised statement made in this thread about Indians?

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                          I think there is no reason to get offended by it. Too often than not, words get past the electronic means more than what they actually mean and flame wars start between users.

There have been published articles in the main street media in US about a growing number of overstays by people of South Asian origin. (Note that I am trying my best here not to say Indians)

This would mean more scrutiny on visa applicants. I guess, it all depends on what their ties are to the home country. My parents would not prefer to stay in US even if someone pays them a good amount of money. All they do is visit for a month and start counting days ever since they land here to go back to their home country, which is where they have their heart and soul.
                          txh1b,
                          I am also in agreement with your posting. During my first visit to USA in 2005, though, I was given a full 6 months stay at POE, I left USA, in a month's time after attending the graduation of my son and doing some tourism.
                          In my second visit, in 2007, though I was given again 6 months stay, I left in 51/2 months obeying the I94 stay.
                          We are not interested to disobey any rules or voilate it.
                          My only objection is to the generalised statement which means all Indians are cheats. I sorry I can not stomach this.

Comment

No one has said that all Indians are cheating or lying in order to get a visa. Unfortunately, there are a lot of questions on this and other forums frequented by people of South Asian origin that ask specifically how to violate US immigration law or admit to falsifying documents or lying in order to get a visa. There are frequent requests for the "best answer" ie the "best lie" to tell in order to get a visa. Check out the archives of the H1B section and find the number of entries where people admit to falsifying documents and educational certificates. Check out the number of times people admit to being willing to lie to obtain a visitor visa.

Check out the number of women who "must" have there mother in the US so they can have a baby and to babysit even though they know it againt US law to bring someone to the US for this purpose. They are basically spitting in the face of law abiding citizens and guests when they assume that they are so special that US law means nothing to them.

Even the Indian media reports on problems with the falsification of credentials. It is a problem for Indian companies not just for immigration. South Asians have a very high rate of visa overstay and are in the US illegally.

Look especially at the number of pregnant women who will enter the US and have their babies on US medical program for poor Americans just so they can have an anchor baby - no matter that it costs the US taxpayers billions of dollars every year. Look at the number fo times this has been discussed on the forum recently. Look at the forums where people discuss walking out on the hospital bills of the people that they have "sponsored" as visitors.

It is sad but true that the US government must judge all from a country by their experience with past visitors and guest workers. It may be unfair to those who are totally honest, but it would be unfair to the American people to simply admit anyone and everyone who wants to visit, work or live in the US.

Remember, if you do not like the rules imposed by the US government, you are free to visit elsewhere. Your desire to meet family or friends or just tour the US is not a God given right, it is a priviledge and therefore you must abide by the rules in order to avail yourself of the priviledge.

Comment

We all know that two people (OP says) reporting visa denial does not give us the statistical means to deduce anything about a country of 1B out of which the number of people that apply for visas to US would not possibly account to even be 1-2% of the population.

We also know that only people negatively impacted visit the forums and post questions than many thousand positively impacted people who have had success.

I think this is a wasted debate.

Let us get back to watching tonight's debate and see what the economic development plan is. Analysts predict 2015 for a come back which is pretty .

Peace!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X