Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inviting Parents to US

Hi,

I am asking for help on behalf of one of my friend who is very tensed these days. He is working in US on L1 visa and came just a month back, his wife is on L2 visa here. His wife is expecting in 3 months from now. He want to invite his mother (his father expired 3 years ago) and his in-laws for emotional support during delivery (i.e. 1-2 weeks before delivery). He is tense as he has just completed 1 month here in US (he is planning to invite his parents after 2 months from now) and US consulate will reject the visitors visa for his parents because he will not be able to provide tax proof for US. My question is 'What he should do and what documents he should prepare, so that his parents can get visitor's visa?'. I told him people here are very helpful and he will get his answer from here. I got my questions answered here earlier and I felt relaxed after those answers. Please HELP!!!

Thanks,
    AG

Pregnancy and delivery are not valid reasons to apply for a visitor visa. His being tensed is justified, the chances are v slim as they have been here just for a month. If she really needs emotional support and cant do without it she should return to her parents.

Comment

Needing parents for the delivery of a child is not an acceptable reason for a visitors visa. Since they have been in the US such a short time, the timing of the visit is suspicious especially for a widow.

It would be best if all of the parents would be funding their own trips.

Your friends need to read the archives of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
        Needing parents for the delivery of a child is not an acceptable reason for a visitors visa. Since they have been in the US such a short time, the timing of the visit is suspicious especially for a widow.

It would be best if all of the parents would be funding their own trips.

Your friends need to read the archives of this forum.
        What if they don't give reason as pregnancy?
        His mother is Govt. of India employee and she will get proper NOC for her travel.
        Is it compulsory for him to show $15K bank balance? OR Will it be suffiecient if he shows 3 months Salary Slips and Salary certificate from employer?

Thanks for your Help!!

Comment

They must be truthful or risk a permanent ban from any US visa.

How does he expect to pay for their travel and stay in the US if he doesn't have considerable savings in the bank? How will he get by having 3 extra people in a small apartment for an extended period of time? There are generally occupancy laws; some apartment ccomplexes limit the stays of visitors to a week. How will he pay for the hotel bills if this is the case?

I think that given the time he has been in the US, the little savings, and the number of people being invited that there is little hope of the visas being issed. He can certainly try but they should not be too disappointed if they do not receive them especially since the true reason for the request is contrary to the rules and regulations for a visitor visa to the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X