Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for my parents along with my H1B

Hello,

I am coming to India this Dec to get my H1B stamped. My parents are also planning to appear for their visitor visa stamping. I am now confused as to when they should appear for their visa: before me, along with me or after I get my visa stamping. Will my getting H1B influence their visa decision? Could anyone please help me with this.

Thanks,
    Venkat

Both stampings are unrelated.

Comment

Thanks Orion for that reply, incase my parents go before me and if the VO asks what status is your son is in or looks up online for my status and knows that I am still in OPT and going to get my H1B stamping in few more days will that be an issue at all ?

Comment

You have been told they are unrelated. No issues as long as they can prove they have $$ and property ties overseas.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank You txh1b.

Comment

Remember that they should not lie. A visa officer might ask when they last saw you. They would have to answer that you are visiting at the time. The VO should wonder why they need a visitor visa to US if they have you visiting at the time.

Comment

In that case I believe there is nothing to tell rather than I came to get things done for their visa and they are planning to visit me in summer ??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X