Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rules regarding revisiting the US after a 6 month stay (multi-entry visa 10 yr)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules regarding revisiting the US after a 6 month stay (multi-entry visa 10 yr)

Are there any rules or guidelines regarding time frame to return to the US? For example, does somebody need to stay in India for 6 months before returning. If so, what is the mandated (or rule of thumb) time limit?

My parents are visiting me and have I-94 expiring in first week of Jan. They have a 10 yr multiple entry visa.

We need them to stay back but I am hesitant about applying for an extension. I am not sure if we will get a decision before Jan 09 (first week) and do not want to risk the denial and visa revocation.

So, our option is to fly them back after a brief trip back home to India. Is that doable? For how long do they need to stay before they can come back?

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,
    An Indian brother

A B2 visa is for VISITING. Any visitor to the US should spend more time at home than in the US. A brief stay in home country after a long stay in the US frequently results in a short time I-94; people report receiving as little as a week and often only two or three months.

They should have a good reason for returning so quickly. Note that coming for preganacy, birth or babysitting are not valid reasons for either visit or extension.

Why do you "need them to stay back"? If for any of the reasons listed above, you need to hire a person legally entitled to work legally in the US or the person(s) needing assistance should return with them to their home country.

Comment

Read the last paragraph at https://www.immihelp.com/visa-stamp-...ration-in-usa/
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X