Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should sister go by herself or w/ parents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should sister go by herself or w/ parents?

My sister and parents would like to come to US for my graduation ceremony. My sister and father are applying first time for Visa. My mother came once before but her visa has expired now.

They plan to stay for a month or two. My sister is 25 and is currently not employed. She has a MBA degree. My father is still working and mother is a housewife.

In case my sister does not get a visa, then one of my parents plans to stay back with her while the other visits me.

My question is which strategy is better from the perspective of increasing the chance of all three getting the visa (especially my sister - since she might have the most difficulty in presenting a good case)

a) Sister goes for Visa in Appt 1. If she gets it then parents go for Visa in Apt 2. If she does not then one of them goes for Visa in Appt 2

b) All three go for visa in the same Appt.

Since sister is currently unemployed, what can she do / say / show to convince the VO that she does plan to come back to India.

Appreciate your inputs! My wife and I are both permanent residents.

The visa for your mother will be easy if she has returned back on time without any violations in the past stay.

I would suggest your father and sister go together for the visa. Be prepared for the denial of your sister's visa due to her credentials (Age, unmarried?, unemployed). That could change if luck favors her.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X