Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa and Sponsor Status

Hi ,
    A candidate sponsors Visitor's Visa for a parent while working on L1. After H1 COS Approval and moving to the new H1 employer and having received pay stubs for 6 months (till current) the candidate would like to invite the parent to the US.
    Under this situation, is there any legal procedure involved to notify any authority/ies of the change in the Visa Status of the Sponsor (from L1 to H1). Please direct me to any available literature or personal experience on this.
    Rgds,
    MN

If you feel the above comment is outdated/invalid/incorrect, please correct me.

A visitor qualifies for a visa on their own merit. Who sponsored or what they do is immaterial as long as they are legal in the US. No special procedure to notify anyone.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Similarly

Thank you txh1b!! I have one more clarification, though.
      If the Visitor was working while the Visa was granted and has since opted for an early retirement from that job, does this play any role during the entry process at the CBP/Port of Entry?
      Rgds,
      MN

Comment

My previous answer covers it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you!!

Rgds,
          MN

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X