Visiting back after over stay but within 30 days- very urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting back after over stay but within 30 days- very urgent

My grandmother came 2006 and had applied for extension. As usual it took more than 3 months to answer. she had asked for six months got 3 months. As per the rule she left before the thirty day period ( within two weeks ). Looking at the forum at the sticky thread that she is safe to come back since she had gone back in 30 days. she is scheduled to come back will she have problem at POE. Did I make a grave mistake. It will break her heart to go back from POE

Senior members your prompt insight would be most appreciated.

what are the chances she will still make it through with previous 10yrs visa.
    would u suggest she just apply for new visa at home country how much chances are there it will be sanctioned

Thanks in advance. waiting for response with bated breath

if the extension was denied and she stayed past the i-94 stay her visa (does not matter 30 days or more) is void/cancelled.

she should not have asked for an extension on a restricted i-94 (anything less than 6 months) and on her 1st visit. Bad Bad idea.

She will have to reapply for a new visa.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

what is restricted I -94

Sorry I did not make myself clear. It was her 3rd visit last time all the previous occasion she has gone within 6 months. This time she had been given six months applied for six months more. Visa was not denied but they gave 3 months instead of six months. She was caught off guard. The 3 months visa extension came after end of three months. but she promptly left within one month. Now she was to come back I said go ahead ticket was bought she all packed up to come. After reading this following posted on forum

*If you leave with in 30 days, you may still be questioned at next entry about the extension application and when you departed. Remember there is never any US departure inspection, so no departure stamp on your passport. So ,you must save your boarding pass and the extension denial response to show at next entry.

I told her she should not have any trouble since she had returned back in thirty days. How high are her chances of being sent back from port of entry. I this is routine then why dont these things get posted ? I am a little bit distressed.

Would she get another visa if she reapply what are the chances if they are not high then I will let her come and try this time. Some people have had good luck. Is it worth trying please let me know thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X