Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inviting parents for my graduation.

Hi,
    I've got graduated this december(2008), and would like to invite my parents for the graduation ceremony in may 2009. I heard that if parents does not visit US in the first 6 months once their visa for my graduation ceremony has been approved, their visa gets cancelled. Is this true?
    I just want to find out what would their visa status be if they could not attend my graduation ceremony. Will their visa still be valid for 10 years, or does it gets changed or cancelled?
    Please help me out regarding this issue.
    Thankyou....

What you heard is not true. Once they issue a 10 yr visa it stays valid even if you enter for the first time on the last day of its expiry. I used my 10 yr visa for my first entry, 5 yrs after its issuance and I had no problems.

Comment

I am inviting my parent for Grad ceremony (scheduled in May). My mother is widowed and retired while my elder sis having a temp Govt job in India (getting a letter of official leave from employer for 1 month is impossible). Therefore I think it is difficult for VO understanding the tie to the home country. How can they be strengthen this issue? Showing family album or any other alternative?
      P.S.: They do not have any intentions to stay in US for more than a 1 or 2 months.

Comment

I also attended the interview in April 2005 for a visitor visa stating I wanted to attend my son's graduation in May 2005. I self sponcered my visa. I had properties and a cosultancy job. I was granted 10 year multi visa.
        Does your mother have some property? If so, she can show the same. Your father's savings/ retirement benifits etc can also be shown even though he is no more ( I am sorry to hear this )

Comment

inviting husband

Hi
          i m attending my graduation ceremony in june 2009,and i would like to invite my husand for that,so,can u please tell me,can i invite him on my graduation.he is working in police department in india and 6months back we married when i went last time.what are the documents he need to provide for visa interview.please help me.

thanks in advance

Comment

An invitation from the school for your graduation, I-20 copies, money in your bank acct or his account to show that the trip will be affordable, him showing that he will return back after the temporary visit due to his financial/property ties, govt. job in India etc will all help.

Look at visitor visa section on immihelp.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Invite my parents for Graduation

Hi,

I am graduating in August 2011. But I wish to invite my parents for grad walk in Dec 2011. Will that be possible? If yes, where can I find the details regarding the visa processing.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X