visiting a sick father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visiting a sick father

me and my two children got a petition on file from my father(f2b), but still not being served.sadly my father got sick and went a lot of surgery.i want to see him before its too late..I ask my sis that is w/ my father in the usa to support my visit and prepare the medical statement of my father from his doctor..
    what else the documents to be prepare and what are my chances???
    thanks in advance

With an immigrant petition filed the immigrant intent is obvious and is in direct conflict with visitor visa. Still, in your situation, you can succeed if you will be absolutely honest in your applcation. Tell the officer that you will return in 2 or 3 weeks ( be exact and show job leave for that duration) and leave your kids behind in home country. Take your job cum leave letter and income evidence. Ask your sis to send you an affidavit of support ( I -134 with bank and tax papers) if you do not have very good income to show self funding the trip. Also, she should send you an invitation letter addressed to the consular . US embassy,
    stating the whole situation. Also her passport copy and visa copy with dad's medical papers and you should also take proof of f2b petition.

Comment

peace.. hi.. thank u so much for replying.. just want to follow up some questions, what if i dont have a job? just a homebody and dont have that large savings? do pictures of my kids serve as "tie"?

Comment

Occupational and family ties to home country are both very important.
        You have the family ties but an unemployed status will make it very difficult for you to get the visa especially in the face of a pending f2b. Large savings are not important if your sis is sponsoring you.

Comment

thank u again for spending some time reading my issue. it's a great help for me so I can prepare the documents to be needed.. thanks so much

Comment

peace, i really appreciate ur advise.. one more thing, do I have to disclose my F2b petition to VO even not asked? thanks in advance.

Comment

There is a question on the visitor visa application that asks if any immigrant petition has been filed on your behalf. So you have to disclose your f2b there.

Comment

thanks a lot!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X