Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Affidavit and Name Change after marriage

Hi,

I am sponsoring B2 for my in-laws. My wife does not have birth certificate.

1. Is it sufficient to produce her 10th Certificate showing Father's name + Birth Affidavit from her Mother?

2. In the birth affidavit, should my mother-in-law mention my wife's name before marriage or wife's new name after marriage?

Thanks!

I do not think there is a need for an affidavit. It is required for an immigrant visa when bc is not available but for a B2, her dad's name on her 10th certificate will suffice.

BC is not mandatory for a B2 but sometimes the officers ask for it to establish relationship between the host and the applicant. Any other evidence to show she is actually their daughter will suffice.

Comment

1. Will work. BC has not been asked for many times. It is one of those good to have things.
      2. Whatever her name is as per the passport/visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot!

immihelp is really a great site.

The reason I though BC is red'ed is due to mismatch in one name. My mother-in-law's name on her PP is Suman Lata Jain. However, in my wife's PP, it is Suman Jain only as mother's name. Any care I need to take to address this?
        Last edited by akshayc; 01-02-2009, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I don't think it will be necessary because First and last names do match.
          If you have the Xth certificate also it will be fine.

There is high incidence of faking relatives to get visas in India , so the embassy asks for more evidence sometimes.

Originally posted by akshayc
          immihelp is really a great site.

The reason I though BC is red'ed is due to mismatch in one name. My mother-in-law's name on her PP is Suman Lata Jain. However, in my wife's PP, it is Suman Jain only as mother's name. Any care I need to take to address this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X