Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Indian resident apply for a B2 visa from a country other than India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Indian resident apply for a B2 visa from a country other than India?

Hi,
    My sister-in-law is studying in Philippines. She wants to visit us in USA during her vacation period. She is a resident of India and she is staying in Philippines from last 1 year for her studies. She can not go to India just to attend the visa interview. So my question is, if I provide her all the supporting documents and she is also have her documents ready then is it possible for her to apply for B2 visa from Philippines? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Yes, she can but chances may not be all that great for success. The visa officers in a foreign country are not very familiar with situations in India and so may not be able to assess ties to India, which she will have to show. She will have to show that she has plans to return to India after her studies and show strong family ties, financial base, business venture or a job invitation in India with documentation.

When asked for the purpose of visit and duration of stay , she should say she is going to visit her sister's family for 3-4 weeks ( must show college vacation for the same period or more) and her bro-in-law will fund the visit. Should not ask for long stays.

Comment

Wow! that is a great news. Thank you very much sir.

Comment

Be Careful

I had similar experience. I am an indian national working in Taiwan since less than a year. I wanted to visit US for conference and invited talk for just two weeks. Visa officer asked me about my ties with taiwan like property or relation. My visa was denied and VO suggested me to go back to India to get the visa.
        so be careful, i think your sis-in-law should highlight that she is visiting for just tourism and fun as she is having vacation. Her program in phillipines does not allow her to remain absent for long time....

best of luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X