Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring a Visitor

Hello,

I would like to know if I am eligible to sponsor a visitor to the US for a short 2 week visa. The visitor is here for religious as well as social reasons. My income for the past 3 years has been less than $20,000 that is only my husbands income. I am on SSI for my disability and now receive less than $700 per month. However, my expenses are very low as I live with my parents and the visitor will be staying for free in my families home as our guest. I am sure with such a brief stay the expenses for him will not be extensive. I am able to cover all related expenses for the visitor. Do I qualify to sponsor the visitor? If I do not qualify to be a sponsor, can some exception be made due to my physical disabilities limiting my ability to work?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

In order to sponsor someone, you must be able to take care of all the expenses for the visitor. Otherwise, there is nothing to sponsor.

If you don't have income, but if your husband has, he can sponsor.
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I do have income almost $700 a month from SSI from a disability. I also have savings. Is that enough for me to qualify to sponsor a visitor for a short visit based only on my income?
      Immihelp Support

Comment

There are no income levels that are required. You just need enough money to take care of the expenses.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X