Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa secondary sponser

Hello everyone,

My parents are going for visa on Jan-28th to Chennai consulate. I am married and I work in US. My elder sister and brother-in-law live in US. My brother-in-law is sponsoring my parents visit and is sending all the required documents. It is mentioned in the documentation that both their daughters live in US. Do, I need to send all my documents and invitation for my parents, as supporting to the primary sponsor, or are my secondary sponsorship documents not required? Is it going to be a negative point to stress on the fact that both the children are in US and are sponsoring? Please advice whether I need to send invitation for my parents to come to my house and my documents as well or only my brother-in-law's documents would suffice? Thanks in advance for your reply and is appreciated.

Kalyani

Sponsor should send all the documents. Other siblings should just send the copy of the legal status in the US.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by amazon82
        Hello everyone,

My parents are going for visa on Jan-28th to Chennai consulate. I am married and I work in US. My elder sister and brother-in-law live in US. My brother-in-law is sponsoring my parents visit and is sending all the required documents. It is mentioned in the documentation that both their daughters live in US. Do, I need to send all my documents and invitation for my parents, as supporting to the primary sponsor, or are my secondary sponsorship documents not required? Is it going to be a negative point to stress on the fact that both the children are in US and are sponsoring? Please advice whether I need to send invitation for my parents to come to my house and my documents as well or only my brother-in-law's documents would suffice? Thanks in advance for your reply and is appreciated.

Kalyani
        Kalyani,

I am in a similar situation as you are.. Can you please let me know if your parents got the visa after 28th? Also, did they had to show the secondary sponser documents also at the consulate?

many thanks in advance..

Comment

Hello,

My parents have been granted multiple entry tourist visa to US today. The period is not known yet, until they get the passports. They said the interview went on pretty cool. I have sent my documents as well, but they did not go through. The visa officer asked whether both the daughters are in US and my parents said yes.

So, I guess if all documents are good, it should not be a negative. All the best for your parents and let me know whether they got visa.

Kalyani

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X