Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa rejection and Review process

Hi,

Visitor Visa to US - a topic for some one to do research on.

My parents applied three times for the visa and got rejected three times from Mumbai consulate within last 6 months.

All three times it is just the same reason 214 b.

Questions asked were simple. i.e. how many sons?, what is your income? what do you do? etc. which were almost repeated in three interviews with one here and there.

I am the only son and father is working. He has all the required document in the world to prove he is coming back to India and visiting US just to meet our family members. Consulate officer does not even look at the papers produced and I believe decides on what you talk with them that too may be for a minute or two.

Third time I even had a letter of support from senator office.

But alas, visa rejected for all three times.

Question A
    =========
    I read on immihelp about review process. What is this process? Can someone let me know how to proceed on this? It is not clear from the text on the site as to whom to apply, what needs to be applied, what needs to be sent, etc.

The note says "Applicants who have been refused a visa under Section 214(b) are permitted to appeal the decision via their review procedure".

Question B
    =========

What is best way to get the visitor visa?

Question C
    ==========

The facts are going to be same like only son, father working. There is not going to be a change in the status and if at all what sort of status change is required for them to consider the visa?

It also seems that the treatment given at the consulate needs a real introspection and a consulate has a chance to improve on it.

Thanks

Kiran

Only thing I can think of is keep trying.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Visitor Visa rejection and Review process

What is review process? Can you specify details about it?

Kiran

Comment

Visitor Visa rejection and Review process

I had the same situation like this and finally for the fourth time my parents got 10 year visa at Chennai consulate.
        About review process, we cannot do anything but keep on applying and wasting our money and rely on our luck.
        As you said, our status is not going to change and no big circumstances would arise...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X