Interview timings at Chennai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview timings at Chennai Consulate

I am planning to take an appointment for visitor visa at Chennai consulate. Can some one please share the following.
    1. Can we pick interview time on a given appointment day?
    2. What are the interview timings? Is it 8:00 AM to Noon? or 30 min window?
    3. What happens if I am late for an interview?
    4. Do you strongly advise reaching Chennai a day ahead of interview date? Reaching same day is OK?

Thanks in advance

One more question: How long the interview last? Say my appointment time is 9:00 AM. How long I may end up staying in consulate office?

Comment

Re:Interview timings at Chennai Consulate

1. You will not have much choice in picking the time. You may be able to view available timings twice but if you try more than that the page will expire.

2 Depends on the date you pick and what timings are available on that date. I took an appt for my MIL on Dec 2nd and she got the slot between 3.15 to 3.30pm. There are days where the appts are in the morning too.

3.It clearly says that if you are more than 15 minutes late you will not be allowed. But why would anyone want to go late?. I would not take that chance.

4.All depends on interivew time and the place from where you are coming. You have to make the proper decision.

5.Allow atleast 2 hrs to spend in the consulate. It might take more than that too. My parents went in at 1.15 and came out by 3.30.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Xoom thanks for your reply.

Me and my one year old son are applying for visa. I have a passport and we recently applied passport for my one year old son. We are expecting his passport some time in second week of October. Do I need to take separate appointment for my son? Do I really need appointment for him? If I need it, can I take it using my passport number for him?

Comment

You have to take appt for your son with his passport number. Even minor children have to go through the process.

If you have questions regarding your son, you can call or write an email to the consulate. You can find answers to most of the questions in the Nonimmigrant visa section or the FAQs on the consulate's website.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X