regarding visitor's visa for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regarding visitor's visa for parents

I am pregnant and would like to bring my parents for my delivery to USA.I heard that if I mention the prupose of visit is delivery ,there are chances for the visa to be rejected...Is it true??Should I mention that they are coming here for delivery purpose in the invitation letter and also to the letter to the consulate office???Also I would like to know how long should they mention about their intended stay in USA for getting the visa ????Please help me out!!!!

Re:regarding visitor's visa for parents

Hi Sumi,
    I recently got visa for my parents and we also wanted them to come during the delivery time.

First of all, NEVER mention that the purpose of visit is for delivery. Chances of rejection are very much high if you mention that reason.

You can always write that you intend to get your parents for tourism purpose and visit family.

Regarding the duration of stay, I asked my parents to mention 6 months. The consular officer did ask why they want visa for 6 months and my mother replied"US is a vast country and we need time to see everything there.

My parents got visa for an year. I know its going to be an anxious wait till they get visa. Post if you have any doubts and I will surely reply.

Hope this helps!

Krishna

Comment

Thanks for ur help

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your help..I would definitely mention the purpose as tourism...Hope We will get through the visa interview successfully....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X