Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Managing denial-of-entry at airport for a person with Visitor visa during first visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing denial-of-entry at airport for a person with Visitor visa during first visit

Hi, My aunt, who is Indian citizen and has valid US Visitor visa, would be visiting USA firstime sometime later this year. She is 59 years old, retired widow and has one son and two daughters who live in India along with their own families.
    Most likely she will accompany us when we would be returning back from our trip to India. Recently i have heard that, at the airport immigration check-time, some of visitors have received 'denial of entry' and have been sent back to their home country.

Is this true? If so, what are the options in such a situations?

BTW, I am US citizen.

thanks,
    Ash

Depends on a case to case basis. There are plenty of reasons to deny entry. If the IO suspects the person to be potential immigrant, they can deny entry.

Also, frequent visits to US by the person without spending time in home country gives room for questions of a Nanny job.

Otherwise, nothing to worry.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X