Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring brother and his family

Hi,

Thanks for maintaining this incredibly valuable website!!! I used it a lot when I was going through my green card process (which I got it 2 years ago) and found it very helpful.

Now I wish to invite my brother (age 40) and his family (wife, 39 and 2 kids 16 and 8 years old) to visit me and see some tourist places in the US this summer for a month.
    Sorry for a long message below but with so many tourist visas for young people in India getting rejected I thought I would give you all the background info.

My brother has a SMALL business there. He has five people working for him. His wife is mostly a housewife and works part time once in a while. Kids are in school. He and his family have traveled to Dubai a few times to visit family. They have never traveled anywhere else outside India. What’s the chance of them getting the visitor visa? Would my sponsorship via the I-134 help?

Since I am sponsoring the visit, I can send them refundable ROUNDTRIP tickets to them to show the officer that they are going to return. Would this help?

Strong ties:
    My brother will be in the US only for a month since he has to be back in India to take care of his business. He also has to take care of my parents (age 60 and 66, have 10 yr multiple entry visa and have visited me once and gone back) because they live with him. My brother owns the flat. Would this suffice to show strong ties in home country?

I really want my brother and his wife to visit so if they leave the kids behind with my parents would this show the strong ties, since they would have to be back in India within a few weeks to be with their children in India.

If not, what’s the best course of action we need to take?

Your advice with this would be very helpful

1. Chances. That vary. It is quite subjective.
    2. I-134 would help.
    3. Round trip ticket would help.
    4. Parents and property in India would help.
    5. It is better idea that they apply along with kids. Kids should enjoy too. If kids are not coming, how does officer know that these people are coming only for tourism and not do some work?
    6. Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    7. Consider buying visitor medical insurance for them, available at www.immihelp.com/insurance for instant purchase. Show the proof. That may help in getting visa too.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hello ,

I read your post it completely matches up to my situation ...can you please tell me what was the outcome..did they get the visa ?

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X