Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need inputs on Visitor Visa documents

Hello,
    Today my brother went to submit visa application for my mother and sister at Mumbai consulate. He had the complete set of documents as per given on this website for Mom, sister and the sponsor. But the VFS application centre only took the DS-156 forms and photocopies of the passports.

Is this right? Then what about the rest of the documents?

The application center person told that they generally throw all others documents if sent thru blue-dart, but since he personally went there they returned remaining documents.

Pls help.

That is right. They don't need all the documents mentioned here for drop box.

Read at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor for drop box where it mentions what is needed for drop box.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The application was not done thru a drop box. Instead my brother had personally gone to the application center to submit the application and documents, but they took DS-156 form and passport photocopies only. None of my papers were taken. They did not take the application cover letter either.

Is this okay?

Comment

That is what is called drop box. It is called drop box when you don't go to consulate for an interview.

Drop box is NOT like a post box where you just throw in your documents and there is not staff to attend it.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X