Time frame between US Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time frame between US Visits

My mom has a 10 yr. multiple entry visa. She is right now with me in US. She's planning to leave in May 2004 &(before her I-94 expiration, Current I-94 expires on Jun15,04) is planning to come back in july 2004 for my delivery...will there be any problem in her re entry as the gap is short to 2 months....are thier any chances that the immigration officier will screw her & either deny or limit her visa to 3 months...what reasons can she say about her 2nd visit with a very short break.....!!! pls. anybody who had similar problems help me....any input is appreciated

Also what should the minimum gap between two visits?

Thanks,
    Arati

A simialr situation happened with my friends' mother who had a 10 year multiple entry visa. She came to US the second time only a month after leaving US the first time. The immigration people created lot of hassle and almost deported her back from the aiport itself. After lot of pleading they let her in with a warning.

Comment

It is not good idea to come too often, stay for long period, go back for short period and go back again.

Why don't apply for her extension? She can stay until extension gets approved or rejected, which takes around 4 months anyway.
      Immihelp Support
      No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Time frame between US Visits

One other question?

Does it make any difference if the time gap is about 6 months.?. will be easier than the 2 months time gap between visits.

Basically if she leaves in May, 2004 and comes back in Nov, 2004, will the authorities still create hasseles.

please let me know

Thanks,
        Aarti

Comment

Yes, 6 months gap is much better than 2 months gap.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X