Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mom got visa..second attempt

Hi,

Yesterday my mom got 10 years visa at chennai consulate.
    Thanks a lot for this site to give such detailed information and clearing all doubts/questions.

The questions asked were :
    1. Who are there in USA ?
    2. What is your husband doing ?
    3. What is your husband's post ?
    4. How much salary your husband is getting ?
    5. How long do want visa ? (This time she said 3 months)

Once again thanks a lot for admin of this site.

Congratulations!

Before she comes to US, consider buying visitor medical insurance for her, available for instant purchase at www.immihelp.com/insurance
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Re:My mom got visa..second attempt

Congrats veegee123.
      Can you tell me what additional documents you provided to your mom this time and what was it different you did this time that she got it. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Got visa

Hi,

Actually we wrote a detailed letter to consulate saying she will come back and all ties with India. We told my mom to give this letter and personal affidavit to the officer whether they ask or not. But, they didn't take it, they said if u answer our question thats enough. So, we felt it is just luck...Thats all...As I mentioned everywhere we asked visa for 3 months.

All the best...

Comment

Got visa

When was her 1st attempt and what was the reason for denial in that attempt?

My inlaws applied first time on Mar 11th, second time on Apr 20th at Mumbai. Both time they were rejected. In the 2nd attempt officers didn't ask more questions neither saw any documents. I guess the reason for the first denial influenced the decision on 2nd one.

Raks

Comment

re:Got visa

raks,
            I think your in-laws applied too soon after first rejection. The visa officer will definitely not be convinced that in such a short time they have developed strong ties to India. Best bet is to apply atleast 6 months after 1st rejection, preferably after an year.

Comment

The Process

raks,

I wanted to know the process that your in-laws had to follow the 1st and 2nd time.
              1>Did they put in the drop box or turned there papers to the VFS.

2> Does the VFS informs the applicant - like --- personal interview is required or not required.

3> Does all the application turned at the VFS leads to an personal interview.

Thanks
              Hera

Comment

Hi

Hi veegee,
                My parents got rejected for the 1st time. Can you send me the draft of the letter which your mom took to the consulate for the 2nd time. If possible you could send it to [email protected]. I would really appreciate it.
                Thanks,
                Hari

Comment

The Process

Hera,

Both the times my parents in law submitted papers at VFS. They took only the application form and copy of their passport and gave the personal interview date which was after about 15 days. They are both below 60 therefore I think the interview is a must.

Raks

Comment

Got visa

rkkr,

First time only my mother-in-law had applied and she was asked why your husband is not accompanying. She was also asked whether your daughter is pregnant for which she answered NO. She was not given any reason letter mentioning 214(b).

As my wife is due next month, we had no other option than applying immediately. So we applied for both of them. This time they were asked only why do you want to go for 6 months and then gave the reason letter mentioning 214(b).

Raks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X