Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa

Hello ,

I would like to get some information , regarding Visitor Visa .
    My husband is living in USA having green card and he applied visa for me in july 2005 and case Type is "I 130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE , FIANCE(E) , OR ORPHAN" .

Can i apply for Visitor visa to USA for 6 months to stay with my husband.

Your Response means a lot to me .

Thanks & Regards
    Mannat

You are not eligible. You can try, but you will have to declare about the immigrant petition in the DS-156. Once thats is seen, they will deny.

Comment

Hi ,

I too applied for a visitor visa while my I-130 was pending. My purpose was to attend my husband's graduation but they rejected bcz i was considered an intended immigrant bcz of I 130.

But i have heard of some people who have got the chance to visit while immigrant petitions pending. i think it depends on the strength of proof u can show regarding ur return to ur home country. in my case i didnt have any as i only had five months to wait for the I 130 to get approved (depending on the time line) so i was basically ready to permanently migrate too. like resinged from my job etc. so when i really wanted to visit for the graduation i didnt have any proof of coming back though i honestly intended to return to get the K-3.

i think u can give it a try if u can present a strong case. senior members will tell if im wrong. im just telling u what i have heard in forums like this.

good luck to you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X